The Equality State Policy Center’s next Citizen Lobbyist Training will be Friday, January 30, 2015, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Plains Hotel in Cheyenne.
We're planning a very focused training this year that will help you be an effective advocate for your organization and community. Experienced lobbyists from ESPC member organizations will lead most of the sessions, and we hope to have a few friendly Legislators come and speak, as well.
Topics for the training include:
- How ideas become a bills and how those bills become law.
- Using the Legislature's web site.
- How to be an effective citizen lobbyist from home; you don't need to be able to spend days in Cheyenne to make a difference.
- How to be an effective citizen lobbyist in person.
- A "mocktail party" where you can develop and hone your message while practicing with experienced lobbyists.
- Testifying before a Legislative committee.
- Citizen lobbying from a Legislator's perspective.
We'll end the day with guided small-group tours of the Capitol.
The cost of the training is $50 and includes lunch. A limited number of scholarships are available. Send us an email at email@example.com or call 307-472-5939 for more information on how to qualify.
Sponsored by SMART – Transportation Division of Wyoming and the Equality State Policy Center.
1600 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Google map and directions